CASTELLANO PROVINCE AND I met him at his house and gave him a few questions
Luca Atzori
Apparently only recently been able to put my head under the sun as a certain reality, composed of several songwriters in Turin, which would be present at the scene for several years. Often collaborate with each other, honor each other. The musicians that accompany each play well with others, and they happen to be present at their concerts together in the same evening.
So this is a true collaboration, completely free and especially created for the road, created by friendship.
One of them is Matthew Castellano, twenty-eight, in operation for four years. He has made an album (self produced) in 2005, titled "Poisonous Mushrooms".
Matthew brings with him the experience of several concerts held in Piedmont and beyond. Anyone who has seen him perform has inevitably had to grab her figure giullaresca accompanied by contrast a 'charged atmosphere of a certain bitterness. Whenever you happen to be at a concert by Castellano foretaste of something that is halfway between the comedy and the finest songwriting.
The lyrics are always very incisive and full of irony, even though sad at the same time often contain allusions to the past or provocations aimed at the social reality.
For example, the romance of an old maid at the Neon, or The song of the wind based on the biblical text Ecclesiastes, then all his sketch series Hello my name is Joe or machine head etc.
In 2009 he attended the prize and Tenco finalist in the competition "Buscaglione" held at the Victoria Theatre.
He has played in places like Hiroshima, the Nuvolari, Folk club, and many other local authorities. On May 22
back his last concert, held at Kalakas Monasterolo Savigliano (CN), along with opening act Sans Papier one of whose members is the owner of the premises. Currently
Matteo is working on a new album that would bring out next year and which is rightly does not yet tell us anything.
I met him (about) to his house and gave him a few questions ...
Hello Matthew. First, it makes me wonder, how did you decide to become singer? I had a job
as a theater technician, then I have happened a couple of gigs and I've tried. After that I started playing in the street.
How did you choose to play in the street?
The road makes you free and you do not bind to a discourse of dependency work.
What are your influences?
Bob Dylan first. They are attracted by popular singers. This indicates a certain conformism my, are susceptible to the myth of the master, the head people, the legend, and also means that I feel sympathy for all that is popular, and therefore aspire that my songs come to the heart of every person I like Cabron de la Isla, Ruben Blades, Jean Louis Guerra, Vasco Rossi.
There is a lot of music Latin even in your influences. We are colonized by
musically speaking countries. We are, however, much more like a Spaniard than an Englishman, and these singers I mentioned them because I feel closer to the heart. And I prefer the Latin rhythms that rock and roll.
is something your search due to a presence of theater and cabaret that distinguishes your concerts?
is a demon I know from childhood. A force that takes my meditative character and lost in the clouds to make it a minstrel. There is a search, but a mask that I have recruited and developed since childhood. As a child I was so goofy that slowly I have paid attention to my every move, building a mask that has now become part of me.
More than a search, therefore, a therapy. Yes
But we must go beyond the masks. Using drama to communicate the best. Play has taught me a lot of things from a psychological point of view. I guess you could say that I do not do it music theater, but something in between, where one thing makes up for the absence of the other.
have recently started working with a band.
For a year he left the project and Matthew Castellano Province, a band that has found its balance and a working group. You went through changes and is open to them. The current lineup consists of Bozzi on guitar and arrangements, Nicholas Bosio accordion, synthesizer and sound, Vito Micolis Latin percussion and cajon, percussion Joseph Leone southern Italy, Enzo (Forever) Mesiti on bass, and cyber psychomagic Einrich Vogel arrangements.
0 comments:
Post a Comment